Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

Summary: To be eligible for a personal auto policy, the applicant must either own or lease a private passenger automobile. Anyone who does not own, but might occasionally borrow or use an auto still needs personal auto coverage for the maintenance or use of such nonowned autos. This coverage is available by attaching the named nonowner coverage endorsement (PP 03 22 09 18) to a personal auto policy. Under the rules of Insurance Services Office (ISO), the endorsement may be used to schedule liability, medical payments, other than collision, collision, uninsured, and underinsured motorists insurance for the individual, or the individual and family members indicated in the endorsement.

Topics covered:

This premium content is locked for
FC&S Expert Coverage Interpretation subscribers.

Enjoy unlimited access to the trusted solution for successful interpretation and analyses of complex insurance policies.

  • Quality content from industry experts with over 60 years insurance experience, combined
  • Customizable alerts of changes in relevant policies and trends
  • Search and navigate Q&As to find answers to your specific questions
  • Filter by article, discussion, analysis and more to find the exact information you’re looking for
  • Continually updated to bring you the latest reports, trending topics, and coverage analysis

Already have an account?
For enterprise-wide or corporate access, please contact our Sales Department at 1-800-543-0874 or email [email protected].

FC&S Editors


Get Answers Directly From the FC&S Experts

Submit your coverage interpretation question to the editors of FC&S for quick and reliable information.

Question of the Week

Insurance Coverage Q&A: When the Rug Needs to Dry ›

When the drying process of an oriental rug leads to damage, is there coverage?

Question of the Week Archive ›

Copyright © 2024 ALM Global, LLC. All Rights Reserved.