Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

The New Hampshire Insurance Department (NHID) published a Bulletin addressed to resident producers on flood insurance educational requirements. It has come to the Department’s attention that many producers have not satisfied the requirement of completing a flood insurance course.  

New Hampshire Administrative Code Ins 1304 states that any producer who is issued a property and casualty line of authority must complete a flood insurance course approved by the department. Courses that satisfy the requirement are listed on the department’s list of approved continuing education courses and are identified with the prefix “FEMA”. The course must be completed within a year of receiving the license. Producers should retain the completion certificate indefinitely and must be able to produce the certificate for inspection at the commissioner’s request. The requirement applies to all producers whether or not they have attempted to place, have placed, or intend to place flood insurance through the NFIP.

This premium content is locked for
FC&S Expert Coverage Interpretation subscribers.

Enjoy unlimited access to the trusted solution for successful interpretation and analyses of complex insurance policies.

  • Quality content from industry experts with over 60 years insurance experience, combined
  • Customizable alerts of changes in relevant policies and trends
  • Search and navigate Q&As to find answers to your specific questions
  • Filter by article, discussion, analysis and more to find the exact information you’re looking for
  • Continually updated to bring you the latest reports, trending topics, and coverage analysis

Already have an account?
For enterprise-wide or corporate access, please contact our Sales Department at 1-800-543-0874 or email [email protected].

Ray Sugrim


Get Answers Directly From the FC&S Experts

Submit your coverage interpretation question to the editors of FC&S for quick and reliable information.

Question of the Week

Insurance Coverage Q&A: Firefighting Expenses and Coverage ›

When an insured and tenants help fight the fire, is there coverage for their efforts?

Question of the Week Archive ›

Copyright © 2024 ALM Global, LLC. All Rights Reserved.