Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

The Oklahoma regulations allow the commissioner to make exceptions to the form filing requirements if the forms are not, in the commissioner’s opinion, desirable or necessary for the protection of commercial insureds or the general public. By allowing certain policies to be exempt from filing requirements, competition and increased speed to market may be gained. In light of this, effective October 26, 2022 the commissioner is exempting the following policy types as long as on a per-policy basis they produce an annual premium of $10,000 or more. These lines are exempt from filing and approval requirements for forms, endorsements, or other contract language or modification.

Aircraft liability and hull insurance Surety and Fidelity Commercial Inland Marine Boiler and Machinery Environmental Impairment/Pollution Liability Kidnap and Ransom Political Risk or Expropriation Excess and Umbrella Liability Directors and Officers Liability Fiduciary Liability Employment Practices Liability Errors and Omissions and Professional Liability other than medical malpractice Media Liability Commercial Lines Travel Risks, including accidental death and dismemberment Product Liability, Product Recall and Completed Operations Cybersecurity – this includes first and third-party commercial lines coverage for losses arising out of/relating to data privacy breaches, network security, computer viruses and similar exposure Highly Protected Commercial Property Other Commercial Lines – Excluding workers comp and excess workers comp, which per policy produce a minimum of $25,000 premium or $50,000 for multi-peril

This premium content is locked for
FC&S Expert Coverage Interpretation subscribers.

Enjoy unlimited access to the trusted solution for successful interpretation and analyses of complex insurance policies.

  • Quality content from industry experts with over 60 years insurance experience, combined
  • Customizable alerts of changes in relevant policies and trends
  • Search and navigate Q&As to find answers to your specific questions
  • Filter by article, discussion, analysis and more to find the exact information you’re looking for
  • Continually updated to bring you the latest reports, trending topics, and coverage analysis

Already have an account?
For enterprise-wide or corporate access, please contact our Sales Department at 1-800-543-0874 or email [email protected].

Christine G. Barlow, CPCU

Christine G. Barlow, CPCU, is Executive Editor of FC&S Expert Coverage Interpretation, a division of National Underwriter Company and ALM. Christine has over thirty years’ experience in the insurance industry, beginning as a claims adjuster then working as an underwriter and underwriting supervisor handling personal lines. Christine regularly presents and moderates webinars on a variety of topics and is an experienced presenter.  

More from this author


Get Answers Directly From the FC&S Experts

Submit your coverage interpretation question to the editors of FC&S for quick and reliable information.

Question of the Week

Insurance Coverage Q&A: Landlord's Pipe Damages Tenant's Property- Who Pays? ›

Who pays for coverage when a landlord's busted pipe damaged a tenant's property?

Question of the Week Archive ›

Copyright © 2023 ALM Global, LLC. All Rights Reserved.